Keeping Your Children Safe
Grace Baptist Church takes seriously the safety & security of every child within our ministries. Here's how we protect the children entrusted to us.
Mandatory screening & training
All staff & volunteers working with minors must complete GraceKids’ child protection training & screening process.
Ages newborn–5th grade are electronically checked in for all GraceKids activities.
Allergy, medical, & security alerts
Our check-in process gives parents the ability to alert workers to significant allergy, medical, and/or security issues.
Electronic building security
We incorporate electronic security measures throughout our facility to enhance safety.
Minimum 2 volunteers with children
Children aren't left in the classroom without at least 2 volunteers present.
Child Protection Coordinator
GraceKids has a Child Protection Coordinator appointed to direct our Child Safety training & policies.
Check-In & Check-Out
All children must be checked into GraceKids ministries in accordance with our Child Safety Policy.
- 1. Visit any check-in station located in these areas:
- Preschool Neighborhood (First-time guests, we’d be happy to assist you here!)
- Gym Lobby
- Henderson Hall (3rd Floor)
- 2. Follow the system prompts to check your child into the appropriate ministry.
- Please provide a mobile number (& your carrier) where we can text you if issues arise.
- 3. Place the printed nametag on your child.
- Allergy, medical, & security alert stickers will be available.
- 4. Keep the printed security tag for check-out.
- 5. Drop off your child at the appropriate classroom.
- Your child must be wearing the printed nametag to enter a classroom.
- Your child must be dropped off by a parent or guardian only.
Plan to arrive prior to scheduled start times to complete the check-in process.
- 1. Return to your child’s classroom for check-out.
- Your child will remain in the classroom until checked out.
- 2. Show your printed security tag to a ministry volunteer.
- When necessary, another parent or guardian may show the printed security tag for check-out.
- Only adults (18+) with security tags will be able to check out children.
- When volunteers are uncertain if a child is being checked out by the correct adult, the Ministry Coordinator, Director of Children’s Ministries, or Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries will be contacted for approval.
Please arrive promptly for check-out to allow volunteers to join their families.
Questions or Concerns?
Contact me for security concerns, questions, child-specific concerns, & requests for special allowances or exemptions.
Director of Children's Ministries