Keeping Your Children Safe
Grace Baptist Church takes seriously the safety & security of every child within our ministries. Here's how we protect the children entrusted to us.
Mandatory screening & training
All staff & volunteers working with minors must complete GraceKids’ child protection training & screening process.
Ages newborn–5th grade are electronically checked in for all GraceKids activities.
Allergy, medical, & security alerts
Our check-in process gives parents the ability to alert workers to significant allergy, medical, and/or security issues.
Electronic building security
We incorporate electronic security measures throughout our facility to enhance safety.
Minimum 2 adults with children
Children aren't left in the classroom without at least 2 unrelated adult volunteers present.
Caring Well Team
GraceKids has a Caring Well Team created to direct our Child Safety training & policies.
Check-In & Check-Out
All children must be checked into GraceKids ministries in accordance with our Child Safety Policy.
- 1. Visit any check-in station located in these areas:
- Preschool Neighborhood (First-time guests, we’d be happy to assist you here!)
- Gym Lobby
- Henderson Hall (3rd Floor)
- 2. Follow the system prompts to check your child into the appropriate ministry.
- Please provide a mobile number (& your carrier) where we can text you if issues arise.
- 3. Place the printed nametag on your child.
- Allergy, medical, & security alert stickers will be available.
- 4. Keep the printed security tag for check-out.
- 5. Drop off your child at the appropriate classroom.
- Your child must be wearing the printed nametag to enter a classroom.
- Your child must be dropped off by a parent or guardian only.
Plan to arrive prior to scheduled start times to complete the check-in process.
- 1. Return to your child’s classroom for check-out.
- Your child will remain in the classroom until checked out.
- 2. Show your printed security tag to a ministry volunteer.
- When necessary, another parent or guardian may show the printed security tag for check-out.
- Only adults (18+) with security tags will be able to check out children.
- When volunteers are uncertain if a child is being checked out by the correct adult, the Ministry Coordinator, Director of Children’s Ministries, or Children’s Ministries Assistant will be contacted for approval.
Please arrive promptly for check-out to allow volunteers to join their families.